Sunday, March 10, 2013

Aloo Methi

I am basically going to write all the posts for this week over this weekend, because I am obviously very good at time management. On Sunday I made aloo methi (literally fenugreek potato). In essence, it is potato, cooked in mustard oil with fenugreek leaves. It is incredibly easy to make, but is also an acquired taste.

Recipe:
Small potatoes.
Mustard oil.
Water.
Chili
Fenugreek leaves.
Nigella seeds

Recipe:

 Cook the seeds in the mustard oil until they begin to splutter, add a chili pepper.
 When the spices are cooked, add the potatoes, mix until coated fully with oil.
Add crushed fenugreek and cover potatoes with water. (If you are using fresh greens, no water is necessary)
Cover pot and cook until potatoes are soft.
If there is remaining water, uncover the pot and cook until water is evaporated.

Result:
This honestly tasted terrible. I didn't do anything wrong in preparing it, I just don't particularly like mustard oil or fenugreek. I should perhaps avoid those two ingredients in the future.



Cooking the nigella



Finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment