Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Progress as of Feb 19th: Part 1

Hi all, sorry for the large break in posting. There was a lot to be done over this break. I actually cooked many things, and have a lot to talk about. This first part will be a very brief overview of what I've cooked, in the next part, I will elaborate on the posts that need more elaboration.

1: 2/13: Fried Rice:
2: 2/15: Apple Pie
3: 2/17: Fried Rice(again) and Soup
4: 2/18: Omelet


1. The Fried Rice: This was made at the request of my mother. What was perhaps most noteworthy about the dish is the fact that it was made with brown rice. It turned out acceptably. More information about the cooking, as well as some pictures, will be provided tomorrow.

2: Apple Pie:  I made this with some friends, at one of their houses. The procedure was pretty simple, cut apples,  add spices, put mixture into pie crust, top with additional pie crust, bake. However, the pie turned out excellent. This would probably be something I should make in college, I would probably get many friends this way.

3: Fried Rice(again) and Soup: This time, I was at the house of a friend who lives independently, with a few roommates. He is from Taiwan, and cooks accordingly. So we had to make dinner, and, after buying some groceries, made fried rice and some Chinese soup. What I found really impressive was that he knew exactly what to do, and did everything with no effort. Ideally, I should be able to achieve this level of "mastery" for as many dishes as I can. The soup was very flavorful, yet it only had 4 ingredients, chicken, cabbage, water, and soy sauce. I was really pleasantly surprised. The fried rice was also quite good.

4: Omelet: It's an omelet, need I say more? Ironically, this may be the most important thing I made this past week, seeing as I will probably make a lot of omelets in the future. I used some random sausage we had lying around, as well as some greens. It turned out reasonably, however it sort of broke apart in the pan as I was flipping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment