Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pasta!!!

This is probably the last of the non-Indian basic stuff that I make, for reasons I will outline afterwards. But, as evident from the title, I am blogging today about pasta. I made a pasta dish, which is insignificant in itself, but pasta dishes are very important to me. When I was younger, pasta was one of the few things I would eat, and one of the few things I genuinely enjoyed. To this day, I enjoy both making and eating pasta.
Without further ado: the recipe

The dish is basically pasta with a sauce made from milk, sausage, kale, and lemon juice.
I used sausage from the Piggery, expensive, but absolutely worth it.

All of the individual elements in the dish were prominent, resulting in a pleasant flavor. The proportions were also to my liking, the same weight of pasta, sausage, and kale. I never felt there was too much or too little of one ingredient. (It is often the meat in such dishes that is scarce).

Here is a picture of how the dish turned out:


As an aside, the best way to remove sausages from their casing is to score the casing with a knife, and use the knife to rip a line down the sausage, and then remove the casing as you would a jacket from a person.





No comments:

Post a Comment