Thursday, May 2, 2013

Happiness Response

So, basically, I haven't done much during the past couple days, because I had to go through a very difficult college decision process. (Say what you will, but I think deciding where I go for the next 4 years takes priority over pretty much anything else). Here is my response to the "Happiness Revisited" handout in class.

1) When do you feel the most happy?
When I am pursuing something I like, on my own terms, and doing well at it.

2) React/respond to article:

I think I largely agree with the idea of optimal experience. I spend a lot of time doing stupid stuff, relaxing, wasting time on the internet. But never during those points have I been as happy as when I've solved a difficult math problem. There is definitely a difference in the feeling you get when you are really actively doing something, than when you are just watching or reading or listening the work (of whatever kind) of someone else. One cannot happy if one does nothing.

3,4,5) I am pretty okay, as it comes to flow. Each section of Putnam and Beyond, and each exam I take, has some easy problems, and some difficult ones, so I can do enough not to be anxious, and still have plenty of challenges to keep me interested. This has basically been the story throughout the course of this project, so I am very happy that I've switched.

No comments:

Post a Comment